Saturday 29 October 2016 at 06:01 with


Pausing my attempt to clear my backlog of travelogues to recap today's meal at Veneta! 50% off because soft launch was so so worth it and glad I found someone to go with me otherwise I couldn't have eaten so much? yay for food buddies (-: Anyway Veneta is under the Salt Yard group and is a tapas style restaurant so serving sizes are pretty small (~3-4 dishes per pax?)





So here's what we got! First was the scallops! Which is a bit meh because 8.50 for 2 scallops )-: so i ate every last drop of the pumpkin puree. This is nice but quite normal - just regular well-cooked scallops


Porcini and truffle risotto! This was one of the items the waiter recommended (the other table - oops I was eavesdropping) and it didn't disappoint (except in terms of size but ok ok I got it small plate is small) but I'm a sucker for risotto 


Kid goat ragu pappardelle! I love a good ragu and I love pappardelle but I didn't love this dish sigh cannot understand why they used minced meat? made the texture a bit underwhelming which is sad bec there was so much potential


Charcoal-grilled pork ribeye with bean puree and grilled courgette - THIS was like best choice of meat!! and the most worth it in terms of size because it was the most substantial dish on the menu (and I was checking out everything else everyone ordered so I am most def right about this!) The pork was well cooked and my dining companion attacked the bone with fervour like a true asian so that is how much we like this dish haha


On to desserts!!! Vanilla panna cotta with chestnut and poached pear. This was recommended! And tastewise was not bad I really loved the chestnut puree, but I wasn't too happy with the texture of the panna cotta cos it should be melt in your mouth and this was a little gelatinous sigh


Sheep's cheesecake! We originally wanted the fritelles but was told they ran out SOBS I love all things fried dough. This was decent but nothing special - as in good but not wow

All in all I really did enjoy my meal, and even more enjoyed the price we paid for it (27 altogether for the both of us whaaatttt) but I'm not sure I'll be back any time soon on account of the 1000 things on my food list. But still good meal = good day and now I can start studying happily! (yeah who am I kidding)


Veneta
3 Norris Street
London SW1Y 4RJ
+44 (0) 203 874 9100

Labels: , ,



THE BRUNNER CLUB
we eat everything
{}

who we are

the past
thank you for reading tbc!
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.