Wednesday 7 December 2016 at 05:12 with
Finally getting to writing about temper when its been a month or so since my visit sigh but rest assured the taste of everything is still fresh in my mind! Temper has a nice location on broadwick street, and the actual seating area is underground. It was actually surprisingly spacious (surprising because they were full for their soft launch dinners pretty early on, so I thought that the seating capacity wasn't that huge). JD and I came on a Wednesday afternoon and they gave us a table by the kitchen island so we spent the lunch watching them cut glorious slabs of meat.



Here's what we got! This is the crab tacos (9£) with pickled onion pork skin, green chilli, avocado. This was a lightly seasoned taco with a slight kick from the green chilli, so that the flavours wouldn't overpower that of the crab.


The other taco we got was the blowtorched mackerel (6.5£) with avocado and seaweed. I liked this one more, because it had stronger flavours, on top of that soft and fatty mackerel and I felt that it was nicely complemented with the seaweed for an interesting touch on a taco, but JD like the crab one more, so I'd say - get both!


Beef fat potatoes with raclette (4.5£) for our side - yum cheese yum beef fat, this was a comfort-food kinda dish. It wasn't served off the wheel like raclette normally is (and like how everyone loves to post on instagram) but was decent. Not mind-blowing though, but I'd still eat it again.


FINALLY - on to the meat! We got the beef (8£, above), pork (5.5£, below left) and the goat (which I'm not sure they still serve, since I don't see it on their menu online). Beef is my favourite meat of all time, so I very rarely get disappointed by it. Having so many random cuts thrown together on a flatbread kinda confused me as to what I was eating though, and I could only recognise a few (oops). Nevertheless the meats really didn't disappoint, because they were all flavourful and tender. The only complain I'd have was slightlyyy bit much fats on the beef.

The pork had equally much fats but when it's on pork I never complain heh it just made it all the more juicy and soft and really melts in your mouth! the pork was my favourite meat of the meal which is actually RARE. Goat was slightly less impressive because it was slightly dry and didn't have any particularly interesting flavours.


I wasn't that big a fan of the flatbreads, however, and the flatbreads and tacos were all kinda similar, and not aromatic enough. I'm not sure if aromatic is the right word, but I love my carbs, and when they're toasted on the grill, they should have a nice charred smell, but this was just kinda dense and bland. I was there for the soft launch, however, so it's hard to say if they've improved on it or not!


We also got the shrimp and peanut sprinkle to go with the meats, which was a good choice because the meats needed a different dimension of flavour after awhile. The peanut taste reminded me of satay though, haha. And the sprinkles all sounded so much more interesting than the sauces, although a sauce to go with that goat meat would've been good.


We got 2/3 of the desserts available, heh, missing just the sorbet because they are not my favourite way to end a meal. This is the deep dish brigadeiro soft centre cookie, which was pretty much just batter in the centre and was so sweet and so buttery. I'm saying it like it's not a good thing, but I actually enjoyed it and wiped out every last drop of it. But I can see why it would be too sweet or jelat for some people


Butterscotch kouign amann with dulce de leche ice cream - again, all really sweet components! I thought the butterscotch on the kouign amann was a bit much, because the kouign amann was already sweet, and had the danger of making it a bit soggy. Each component of the desserts was pretty good, but put together made quite a diabetic dish.

With the 50% off soft launch, it made a really satisfying meal, but I'm not sure that I'd return, considering there are other places in London that serve some pretty amazing meat. But then I'd think about giving them another chance, considering it was their soft launch. Plus the tacos were yumz.

Temper
25 Broadwick Street, Soho
London W1F 0DF

Labels: , , , , ,



THE BRUNNER CLUB
we eat everything
{}

who we are

the past
thank you for reading tbc!
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.