Wednesday 7 December 2016 at 05:33 with


On a tragic Monday afternoon, after another tragic weekly test, I comforted myself by going all the way to Mansion House for another soft launch at The Otherist, another new place by Drake and Morgan. The decor and ambience was lovely, and the location is quite spacious, and I didn't feel smothered. Rather, there was plenty of walking space everywhere, and since the restaurant is more long than wide, you don't feel too overwhelmed by all the other diners.


Prior to my visit, I had been stalking the menu already, and made up my mind thrice about what I was getting. First it was the fried calamari and duck salad, then it was the grilled chicken and cowboy fries, then it was the sirloin or halloumi burger, but when I actually got there, I couldn't decide again, so asked for a recommendation.


I ended up with this grilled salmon, only because it suddenly occurred to me to eat healthier (yeah, I'm not sure how amazing grilled salmon can possibly be. The cream sauce was not too thick, and paired with the lemon juice was quite refreshing, the salmon could be just a hint more on the pink side, but the pecan crunch on the crust of the salmon was pretty good. I liked it and enjoyed it, but it definitely wasn't mind-blowing or anything. On hindsight I wish I ordered the crispy duck salad, because I am almost never interested in a salad.


I ended up feeling like the meal was very incomplete with just a main, and a relatively healthy one at that, haha. Way to go for all the self-resolve. And when I saw pecan tart on the menu, I kinda had to get it, because I'd been craving it for ages, and it's something I would really never bake for myself. Dessert ended up being the saving grace of the meal, because it was everything I was craving for in a pecan tart, crunchy, sweet, the nice nutty aroma, paired with smooth vanilla ice cream. But the slice should honestly have been bigger considering the regular price isn't exactly cheap.

After this meal, I had a fabulous idea to walk off all the calories and walk 2h back to school which in hindsight was the dumbest decision of my life. Could've gotten the fries instead then, since I was going to burn it off anyway.

The Otherist
111 Old Broad St
London EC2N 1AP

Labels: , , ,



THE BRUNNER CLUB
we eat everything
{}

who we are

the past
thank you for reading tbc!
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.