Wednesday 12 April 2017 at 23:33 with

Back when Breddos Tacos just opened on Goswell Rd, YT was excited to go for the soft launch! Happy YT decided to go for lectures and go for the soft launch after, but tragically they were done by 3pm and were not serving food anymore! But it's okay because Granger & Co was nearby to save the day, and I finally ticked this off the list, after wanting to try this for-literally-ever.



This was H's choice of kimchi fried rice that underwent some hipster makeover and was served with soft shell crab, poached egg and was cooked with funky grains. The flavours still worked, soft shell crab is always yums, but it just seemed like a strange take on kimchi fried rice, which I just didn't think wasn't a dish meant to be taken to Greater Heights. I think H still enjoyed his meal, but it was a pricey version of kimchi fried rice that I won't think about when I eat the OG version, ever.


My ricotta hotcakes. One of the rare moments where I didn't have to think much about what I was going to get because I have been planning this moment FOREVER. yes this is how long it took me to finally get my ass to Granger & Co because it is on the WRONG SIDE OF LONDON (please open a branch near me please???)


Beautiful fluffy pillows! Fluffy! Pillows! The hotcakes themselves were great, if you're into light aerated pancakes, and the ricotta + banana is always a good pairing. But I really did think that considering the price I'm paying for this, they could have at least caramelized the bananas or something. This was literally just half a banana peeled and thrown on my plate?? And the flavour it provided just wasn't rich enough to match the lightness of my hotcake. 



Every pancake needs a shot of syrup being poured over it. Really. Also featured in the background is a panettone cupcake that I got which is really interesting because I've honestly not had panettone in small cute cupcake form before! I can't for the life of me remember what flavour this is (I really need to start taking notes argh!!) but it was nice, not too dry, but a little too sweet for me! (maybe also because my entire meal was sweet oops)


Granger & Co
several locations

Labels: , , ,



THE BRUNNER CLUB
we eat everything
{}

who we are

the past
thank you for reading tbc!
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.